These are the sweetest little floating ghosts. The kids will love trying this Halloween themed craft out.
- Black felt
- a stand to support the cheesecloth while it dries out
- To make the homemade liquid starch, pour 2 cups of water into a microwave safe container. Then, add one cup of cornstarch and mix well.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in-between, until it gets thick and viscous. Set that aside and let it cool off a little bit, but don’t let it cool completely.
- Set up your “make-shift” stand using cups, balloons, styrofoam balls, whatever you can find to make the right shape and size. Make sure you can pull it out from under the cheesecloth once it’s dry.
- Put freezer paper on the table so that the ghost would have something to sit on while it dried.
- Cut the cheesecloth in half. Coat each piece of cheesecloth with the cornstarch. Make sure it is completely coated.
- Drape the pieces of cheesecloth one at a time over your make-shift stand and make sure you arrange it how you want it.
- Allow it to completely dry overnight. When it’s stiff, carefully remove the cheesecloth from the mold and glue on two felt eyes.
Find the full set of instructions from here.